The other day I was lucky enough to have a good close up look at some Jenni Sparks prints from the online art store Evermade. It’s great to be able to view artwork online, but there’s nothing like studying it in the flesh, if you know what I mean ?
I’ve written about my trips to Berlin and New York before and talk about lovely London a lot because I’m a city girl at heart. These truly intricate, hand drawn map prints by Jenni Sparks really took my breath away. The latest edition – Paris took six months in total to complete. There’s lots of research behind all of the illustrations with quirky pieces of information in each area and landmark places to visit.
It must be such an enlightening experience getting to know the people who live locally and where they like to hang out, whilst designing each map. The time and love that Jenni has put in to each piece is clear to see. So hoping that Tokyo is next on her list !
What’s your favourite city in the world and why ? Leave me a comment or tweet me @lucylovesyablog. Would love to know.
All images belong to Evermade / Jenni Sparks.
Happy New Year to you. Did you have a good one ? I hope you did.
After my last blog post – I wasted no time in getting the Bus dress that I had my eye on. You may have seen it on my Instagram account. I’ve uploaded loads of pics on there over Christmas.
Here are a few ‘ Colour Inspiration ‘ images from the last few weeks …
I tend to post something each day on Instagram – so if you love a bit of colour, like me – then click here to see more. :)
Have a great start to 2015 – it’s the weekend already – Ye Ha !
I love Christmas. The shiny, razzle dazzle of it all and feel justified in doing a Festive post now as the lights are officially switched on in Oxford Street. With an abundance of traditional decorations and homeware to choose from online, I thought I’d seek out some slightly more cute, colourful and heaven scented 2014 items at varying prices.
1. The playfulness of this wreath from The Original Pop Up Shop is handade from Merino Wool. It would work against so many colours. It’s very tactile looking – beautiful !
2. A cheeky little retro style plaque from Selfridges. This one is by Gisela Graham.
3. I am a big Diptyque fan. Their candles last for ages and they smell divine. This one is scented with cinnamon and plum. I’d be very happy to find one of these in my stocking. It’s stocked at SPACE.NK.
4. In Festive colour with a bold chevron print. These gold and glamorous napkins are by Paperchase.
5. As Liberty London lives right in the middle of the capital, this London bus tree decoration represents them well. I love it, especially as it is the old fashioned design. Glittery too – Ooh !
6. You could make a statement with these Multi coloured crackers for the tree or against a white table cloth. You can also find these at Paperchase.
7. How could anyone not fall for this little woodland Hedgehog decoration. Uber cute. Found at StreetHub.
8. My heart skipped a beat when I first spotted these handmade fairground star lights. Made in Britain – they come in various colours. They’re not cheap but I would use them all year round. These are by Goodwin and Goodwin at Not on The HighStreet.
9. Every year when we make Mulled Wine, I remember the thing we forgot. Proper glasses. John Lewis do a set of 4 thermally insulated ones in a soda glass shape.
10. Father Christmas in a glittered robe. As he should be ! A set of 6 that come in a gift box from one of my favourite online stores – Berry Red.
Hope you like my selection. I will be seeking and sharing more soon. :)
It’s turning a bit cold outside, we’re lighting the fire in the evenings now. But I stepped outside this morning and the sky is beautiful blue and the colours in the fields are still lustrous. Which prompted me to crack in to this bright fabric bundle because I’m going to make a quilt for my daughters bedroom that I’m just about to do up.
She has gone off pink. It’s all about blue now. But, I’m sure it’ll all change again – so hedging my bets with an eclectic mix.
One of our favourite family places to go is Southwold, because it’s like a step back in time and there is so much inspiration there to draw from. Luckily we aren’t too far away ( if you ever visit, don’t forget to visit the Electric Picture Palace ! ).. and I love Joanna Corney‘s prints so we are going to use her beach hut matte wallpaper. It will only be one on one wall, so it will add a flavour.
I will make some roman blinds and with added pom poms – and to finish the room off and carry on a vintage seaside, colourful theme – one of these balloon lights by John Moncrieff at NotonTheHighStreet.
What do you think of this combination ? Does it work for you ? Leave me a comment or tweet me @lucylovesyablog.
Have a nice day !
Welcome to my new look blog ! I am so excited to be sharing it with you. Kim Lawler has done wonders. :) Kitty Finegan designed my new banner logo and caricature. I’ve been dying to show you it .. and now here it is. Over the next few days there will be more little tweaks … keep your eyes peeled.
Todays post is an up cycled chest of drawers – our spare room needed a bit more colour. This was given to us by a family member and it was a teak colour. No idea the era .. maybe you can tell me ?
My wonderful Sis, Clare, turned it in to something much more colourful. The paint is an Annie Sloane one – ” Emile “. I did have a look around at some knobs but the new colour, I think, personally really suits gold. So, I kept them.
Oh and look ! There’s us. I couldn’t bear to part with our wedding cake toppers so I bought a globe and popped us inside. We can live in a happy bubble forever more !
It is very difficult to find wall lights that are unique, kitsch and yet not too garish. These ones are from Lighting Majestic who very kindly wrote about LucyLovesYa a little while ago. They’ve a big selection of lighting if you’re ever looking.
In other news – I have been shortlisted, thanks to you lovely people for an Amara Interiors Awards 2014 in the Best Colour Inspiration Blog section. It has been narrowed down to 5 of us now. Very grateful that you voted for me. Thanks. The decision is in the hands of the judges now !
Hope you love the new look LucyLovesYa as much as I do. Tweet me @lucylovesyablog or leave me a comment. :)